Heroic Replicas specializes in accurate replicas of fantasy, sci-fi, action and adventure props and accessories. We have a number of projects on the go that we’ve always wanted to do. We make realistic props from the movies, shows, comics, and video games that made us into the people we are today.
Who am I?
My name is Dave. First, I am a fan.
I understand the fundamental need for precision and quality in crafting replicas, and my mission is to have it show in my work. I wear many hats but readily drift between hobbyist, designer, and professional. I have many years of experience in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Design
- 3D CAD development with SolidWorks
- 3D Printing
- 3-axis CNC Machining (steel, wood, and plastics)
- Materials Science – Metals and alloys
- Mold making – Silicone and urethane casting
- Plasma and oxy-flame profile cutting
- Grinding and sharpening
- Welding and fitting
- Heat treating, quenching, and tempering
- Carpentry and woodworking
- Leatherworking, hardening, braiding, and dying
- Concrete forms
Check out our current projects list, or send us suggestions about what you’d like to see via our Contact page.